Sunday, January 8, 2012

I might have to quit feeding & feel like a failure.....?

I felt the same way when making the decision to turn to bottles at the same age (5 weeks). When I gave him the formula I felt like I was giving him liquid garbage and the world was going to end. Honestly, it's not so bad. I slowly tapered off feeding, supplementing with formula. milk was not satisfying my 9 pound baby boy, so I kept in mind that he got the colostrum for the first couple of days and had a good start but then he was moving onto something that was going to fill his tummy and make him happy. Bottles don't necessarily cause colic. I'd say it's more about the formula you choose not agreeing with their stomach. If you make the transition slowly and pick a gentle formula, your baby should be fine. My son never has had colic. I use Earths Best Organic soy formula if you want to try it, I've also heard a couple of the Similac brands are great for colicky babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment